The South Australian Aboriginal Education and Training Consultative Council (SAAETCC) is an Aboriginal community based committee responsible for developing and providing high quality advice to:
- The Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPM&C);
- Respective Ministers for Education;
- The Chief Executive, Department of Education and Children Development (DECD);
- The Chief Executive of the Association of Independent Schools South Australia (AISSA);
- The Director of the Catholic Education Office (CESA);
- Other independent Education institutions as deemed necessary by the consultative council.
SAAETCC Consultative Council is comprised of an elected board of members who represent regions or education sectors around the state of South Australia. We actively seek and welcome the support and advice of Aboriginal community members living within South Australia.
All South Australian Aboriginal peoples have the opportunity to participate in high quality, culturally sensitive and competent education and training systems. SAAETCC’s focus is to enable Aboriginal people engaged in education and training to realise their full potential, personal ambitions and life long learning aspirations.