The South Australian Aboriginal Education and Training Consultative Council is an active community body that gives voice and influence for Aboriginal people in education and training.
SAAETCC works to support improved educational opportunities and achievements of Aboriginal people in South Australia.
The Council is comprised of an elected board of members who represent regions or education sectors in South Australia, including Aboriginal parents from the Government, Catholic and Independent school sector.
The SAAETCC Board meets quarterly to discuss emerging trends in Aboriginal education and training at a state and national level.
SAAETCC is responsible for developing and providing high quality advice to:
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPM&C);
- Commonwealth and State Ministers for Education;
- Chief Executive, South Australian Department of Education;
- Chief Executive, Association of Independent Schools South Australia (AISSA);
- Director, Catholic Education Office South Australia (CESA);
- Other independent education institutions as appropriate.